This modules has an InvenSense MPU-6050 sensor, voltage regulator and additional components. The MPU-6050 contains a MEMS accelerometer and a MEMS gyro in a single chip. It is very accurate, since it contains 16-bits analog to digital conversion hardware for each channel. Therefor it captures the x, y, and z channel at the same time. This sensor board has a voltage regulator. So it can be used with 3.3V and with 5V.
This module has an I2C interface, making it very easy to interface to any Arduino/AVR/PIC or nearly any other Microcontroller board. Most of them have an I2C interface!
There are many resources on the internet describing how to use it with Arduino, AVR, PIC and other embedded platforms.
- Operating voltage 3 – 5V
- MPU-6050 Accelerometer Chip
- Standard IIC communication protocol
- Chip built-in 16bit AD converter, 16bit data output
- Gyroscopes range: +/- 250 500 1000 2000 degree/sec
- Acceleration range: +/- 2g, +/- 4g, +/- 8g, +/- 16g
- Immersion Gold plating PCB
- Standard Pin spacing: 2.54mm
- Size 20.8mm x 15.7mm x 3.4mm
Documentation, Sample Code and Resources
- There is a lot of information on this page at Arduino Playground.
- Details on the MPU-6050 is available here.
1 x GY-521 Accelerometer + Gyro (3 Axis) MPU-6050 Module
1 x Straight 8 pin, 2.54mm pin headers
1 x Right angle 8 pin, 2.54mm pin headers